The New Cervical Screening Program. What's Changed.
Welcome to Western Women’s Pathology.
Headed up by directors, Dr Adeline Tan and Professor Colin Stewart, WWP is staffed by a team of highly skilled histopathologists and cytopathologists who bring a wealth of experience in all areas of women’s pathology. This team of specialists also have ThinPrep® certification in cytology.
Gynaecological and breast pathology services.
- Histopathology reported by our specialist team.
- Synoptic reporting according to RCPA colleage and international reporting guidelines.
- Macroscopic and microscopic images available for review.
- Adjunctive pathology tests.
- Microbiology nucleic acid testing (STI screening including M.genitalium).
- ThinPrep® liquid based cytology and reliable high-risk HPV testing (COBAS 6800 HPV assay).
- All abnormal findings reported by specialised cytopathologists with ThinPrep® certification.
- Pap test results with recommendations based on the Renewed Cervical Screening Program.
- Cytology and histology results are correlated.
- Fine needle biopsies.
- Frozen sections and sentinel node reporting.
- BRCA testing.
Obstetric pathology services.
- Generation® and Generation Plus® (Non-invasive Prenatal Test).
- First trimester and second trimester screening test.
- Glucose tolerance testing (OGGT).
- Parentage / Immigration DNA Identification testing service.
- Placental histopathology.
- Foetal Fibronectin (fFn) testing - available late 2018.
Generation - NIPT
Materials for Download
Suite 2/178 Cambridge Street
Phone:(08) 6380 8300